Training & Exercise Administrator
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||11/23/2020 11:11:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214.00 - $69,215/year with potential for growth to $85,398 (DBM Salary Guidelines Apply)|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is the agency of State Government with primary responsibility and authority for emergency preparedness policy, and for coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MEMA works to ensure that all Marylanders engage in preparedness activities and that the entire state is more disaster resilient. The Resource Coordination Branch is a critical part of MEMA’s mission and the successful execution of the Agency’s Center for Preparedness Excellence.
This position reports to the Manager of the Response Coordination Branch.
This position serves the State of Maryland, its State Agencies, and local jurisdictions in developing training courses and exercise materials and delivering training and facilitating exercises for the Maryland Joint Operations Center (MJOC) staff and the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC). This position will focus equally on exercise development, training and development of new MJOC staff, MEMA SEOC staff, and State Coordinating Function (SCF) representatives.
This position will serve as staffing in the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) during all-hazard event activations, planned event activations, and during SEOC exercises.
The position will also support Agency programs, projects, and activities related to the overall Agency mission and complete other duties as assigned by the Manager of the Response Coordination Branch.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, this position requires strong communication, managerial, supervisory, and leadership skills, as well as strong technical and presentation skills. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Exercise and training course development
- Curriculum development and course instruction
- Support the Agency's Statewide activities
- Support Maryland's strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Support and participate in Consequence Management Directorate and overall Agency initiatives and programs
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by Agency Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management Personnel
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Two (2) years experience in the development, deployment, and evaluation of formal training programs
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- One (1) year experience in emergency/public safety communications
- One (1) year experience in NIMS/ICS related duties