AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, HELICOPTER LEAD
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||2/25/2020 2:52:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/26/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687.00 - $84,552.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Blake|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in the maintenance of turbine powered aircraft.
1. Graduation from a Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 147 Aviation Maintenance Technician School may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
2. Additional experience repairing turbine powered aircraft may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the Aviation Machinist Mate classifications or Aviation, Aerospace Maintenance, or Aircraft Maintenance specialty codes in the Aviation Maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a valid FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license. The license number and date of issue must be listed on the application.
2. Candidates must possess a current FAA Inspection Authorization. The license number and date must be listed in the application.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.