PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (045607)
|Department||DHCD - Division of Finance and Administration|
|Date Opened||1/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $60,785 (Grade 16, base-step 9 with promotional growth to $74,933/year)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Schrader|
This is a Skilled Service position with full State of Maryland benefits.
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. As such, the primary function of the Community Development Administration is to encourage and support homeownership in Maryland. We are good but strive to be great. To make this happen our team needs members that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently bring forth practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good, and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference in their neighborhood.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Rd Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
The Division of Finance and Administration is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic candidate to fill a Procurement Officer position in its Division of Finance and Administration.
This position performs at the full performance level of professional work, for State agency positions, in the procurement of equipment, services, construction, supplies, information technology and other needs which are obtained through the competitive process, negotiated procurement process and procurement methods. The incumbent for this position receives general supervision and provide agency procurement technical interpretation, instruction, guidance and assistance in accordance with State laws and regulations.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Option 1: Two years (Option 2: one year) of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as : soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of State of Maryland procurement experience
Excellent Microsoft Office Word skills, specifically in the preparation and analysis of solicitations and contracts
Experience in conducting the full life-cycle of procurement
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mr. Christopher Schrader
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Christopher.email@example.com.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Christopher Schrader, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in this position and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning this position, please call 301-429-7414.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.