ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||2/10/2020 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/24/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,464 - $53,451 with progression up o $65,790 (State Salary guidelines apply)|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position serves as the accounts payable and accounts receivable specialist for the agency. The position ensures the bond re-payment program is accurately maintained in MHEC's Bond repayment software. The Commission collects over $24 million in revenue each fiscal year and this position requires all agency revenue is deposited timely and allocated the proper programs. The position also leads a clerical accounts receivable position within the budget division. The employee must demonstrate excellent customer service and follow up to students under the scholarship repayment program. Develop reports for external agencies and constituent groups. Serves as Timekeeper within SPS Workday and performs other fiscal duties as assigned by the director.
The Administrative Officer II – Budget & Administration serves as the accounts payable and accounts receivable specialist for the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC). The position ensures the bond re-payment program is accurately maintained in MHEC’s Bond repayment software. This position ensures all MHEC cash receipts are deposited timely and allocated to the correct programs. The position also leads a clerical accounts receivable position within the budget division. The employee must demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Develop reports for external agencies and constituent groups. Serves as Timekeeper within SPS Workday and performs other fiscal duties as assigned.
The selected candidate will perform the following responsibilities
- Enter payment information into the Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
- Process stop payments requests for undeliverable checks
- Responsible for the collections and posting of cash receipts
- Process all refunds and credits on returned grant funds
- Responsible for the collection and posting of revenue transactions
- Responsible for the annual collections of the Guaranty Student Tuition Fund
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate will possess current knowledge and two years of A/P experience, involving processing invoices in FMIS.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, accounting experience.
Applicants should also have experience performing reconciliations, working with cash receipts and CCU collections.
Experience using Excel.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|