ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
Benefits Customer Service Representative
|Date Opened||11/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Shirley Williams|
Maryland 529 is an independent State Agency responsible for administering two IRC Section 529 College Savings Plans; the Maryland Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer Prepaid College Trust and the Maryland Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer College Investment Plan. The Maryland Prepaid College Trust (MPCT) is a “defined benefit” type plan and the Maryland College Investment Plan (MCIP) is a “defined contribution” type plan, both of which are designed to provide ways for families to save for future college expenses and reduce reliance on future student loan debt. In addition, the agency also administers the State’s 529A program through the ABLE Act designed for Americans living with disabilities. The agency is overseen by an 11 member Board of Directors and the Executive Director. The Benefits Customer Service Representative position will be assisting the Benefits Processing Division and the Customer Service Division by processing Benefits and responding to Account Holder inquiries. This position reports to the Contracts and Benefits Manager.
This position is located in downtown Baltimore and serves at the pleasure of the Maryland 529 Board. State contractual employment benefits are offered with this position.
All candidates will be subject to a background investigation to include criminal and credit history.
***This position is a contractual position with Maryland 529***
LOCATION OF POSITION
217 E. Redwood Street, Ste. 1350
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The listed duties are basic responsibilities. From time to time, there may be additional duties assigned, as needed based, on business needs.
- Evaluates benefits requests for accuracy and completeness and processes requests for benefits, refunds/rollovers, overpayments and recontributions in the recordkeeping system.
- Complete account maintenance requests that come through Fresh Desk tickets. Account Maintenance requests include additions and changes made to Accounts.
- Respond, assist and provide timely and accurate information regarding account balances, distribution calculations to existing Account Holder's inquiries via email, phones, voicemail and if needed when Account Holders visit the agency's office.
- Produce confirmation letters for each distribution request.
- Serve as back up for other Benefit Specialists.
- Research and assist with monthly Bank and Banner Reconciliations.
- Answer incoming phone calls, respond to voice mails and provide education regarding Maryland 529 plans types and enrollment inquiries and requirements.
- Verify identity of Account Holders and parties listed on the account.
- Research discrepancies in account balances by examining payments and adjustments for posting errors or unit discrepancies and submitting requests to accounting team for adjustments.
- Retrieve and reprint duplicate Annual Statements.
- Assist Account Holders with password resets, and online account access assistance such as login ID changes or initial set-up.
- Monitor and respond to incoming emails within one business day for two mailboxes, “MPCT” (general inquires and new enrollments) and “Accounts” (existing MPCT account holders).
- Forward misdirected emails to proper business areas.
- Prepare report on all newly created accounts each week.
- Create letters to be mailed to all Account Holders with new accounts, ensuring enrollment information is accurate.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of prospective enrollees who have requested enrollment kits; verify if requester has an ID in our system currently, and enter information if not found in our accounting system.
- Verify if the request is for a singular enrollment, or if it should be forwarded to our Marketing department for bulk mailing and possible leads.
- Ensure appropriate enrollment kits are mailed for the appropriate Maryland529 plan type.
- Ensure applicable time frames are observed concerning enrollment periods and determine best method for mailing enrollment kit (whether to be mailed through our 3rd party mailing service or directly from our office).
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Relevant State of Maryland experience in any of the following areas:
- Reviewing and Processing invoices
- Providing Customer service
- Processing outgoing mail
- Using databases
- Data Entry
- Answering incoming calls
- Responding to emails
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
For immediate consideration, please go to www.JobAps.com/md to submit your application; please be sure to include a resume with your application materials.
Online application is strongly encouraged; however, if you do not have access to a computer, applications/resumes and supplemental questionnaire can be mailed to:
Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division,
301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201
Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|