RADIO TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR GENERAL
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||8/21/2020 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106.00 - $70,201.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Electronic Services Division
7755 Washington Blvd.
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Eight years of experience in the repair of electronic communications equipment, seven years must have included the repair of two-way FM radios.
1. Candidates may substitute the successful completion of a one year program of study in radio electronics at a recognized training school, trade school, or college for up to one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Electronics Technician (Communications) classifications or Signal Corps, Aerospace Maintenance, or Data/Communications Maintenance specialty codes in the aviation communications field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Three years of experience (maintenance and Installation) with voice audio transport circuits (DSO) dealing with microwave, fiber optics and T1 backhaul
2. Five years of experience with P25 Phase 2 (TDMA) radio maintenance such as Service Monitor analysis programming of radios and antenna sweeping
3. Three years of experience with communication console systems and their associated components such as CGW's (Conventional Channel Gateways) and Voice Audio Logging Recorders
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Applicants for this classification must possess either a Federal Communications Commission General Radiotelephone Operator license, a FCC Ship Radar Endorsement, a National Association of Business and Educational Radio certificate or an Associated Public Safety Communications Officers Incorporated certificate. All applicants must list their license or certificate number and expiration date on the application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned dutieswhich require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendum's may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|