CORRECTIONAL CASE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST TRAINEE
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||3/18/2020 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/1/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,542.00 - $59,503.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aaron Clark|
- Division of Parole and Probation
- Division of Correctional Case Management
- Division of Pretrial Services
- Re-entry and Transition Services Unit
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
A Correctional Case Management Specialist Trainee is the entry level of work in assessing and evaluating the personal and criminal history of adult inmates to recommend a security level and in developing and monitoring appropriate work and educational programs. Employees in this classification do not supervise other positions.
Employees in this classification receive close supervision from a Correctional Case Management Supervisor. Work is performed in an adult correctional environment and involves frequent contact with convicted felons.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Title 12, Subtitle 10 of the Code of Maryland Regulations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the required selection standards and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for a Correctional Classification Counselor. Selection standards for correctional training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.09 and include the following:
U.S Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
All persons who meet the minimum and selective qualification will be approved on the certification list and will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.