Casino Compliance Lead
|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||11/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,988.00 - $61,649.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tyrice Gorham|
LOCATION OF POSITION
A Casino Compliance Lead Representative is responsible for performing the same casino compliance duties at the Maryland Lottery licensed gaming facilities as the casino compliance representatives perform. Employees in this class are responsible for certifying revenue from the video lottery terminals, receiving complaints from the public, receiving shipments of State owned equipment, monitoring facility employees and vendors and ensuring that various aspects of the casino internal controls and security surveillance and responsible gaming plans are adhered to, perform licensing function and ensure the integrity of the VLT gaming operation. In addition, employees in this class are responsible for conducting investigations, when warranted into the following: operation of the video lottery terminals, maintenance of the video lottery terminals and associated equipment and software and any other investigations as the Lottery deem necessary. In addition to the above described duties, the Casino Compliance Lead Representative will assist the Casino Compliance Supervisor in the performance of his/her duties by helping the Supervisor to maintain scheduling and staffing; ensuring that all reports and other paperwork is complete and submitted in a timely fashion; assigning details that may arise to members of the unit; ensuring that the units workspace is properly maintained and equipped; reporting performance deficiencies to the Supervisor; any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and; performing the duties of the Supervisor in his/her absence. Casino compliance personnel are considered essential personnel, and in the event of a state of emergency are expected to report to their assigned duty stations.
Casino Compliance Leads are responsible for:
Performing all duties required of a Casino Compliance Representative (CCR) to include certifying revenue from the Video Lottery Terminals (VLT), receiving complaints from the public, receiving shipments of State-owned equipment, monitoring facility employees and vendors to ensure the various aspects of the casino’s internal controls are adhered to
- Maintaining employee schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Assigning duties to members of the unit as necessary.
- ·Ensuring that the workspace is properly maintained and equipped.
- Reviewing employee reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Casino Compliance Supervisor.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience in investigative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in investigative staff work or professional staff work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non- commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One or more years experience conducting regulatory compliance work.
One or more years of experience involving duties associated with casino gaming.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, applicants may submit a paper application and direct any inquiries to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency Attention: Tyrice Gorham, HR Officer
1800 Washington Boulevard,
Suite 330 Baltimore, MD 21230 Office: (410) 230-8840 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland RelayAs an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.