CDA Lending and Risk Analyst Senior II (052926)
Manager/Rental Services Programs
|Department||DHCD - Div of Dev Finance - Rental Svcs Programs|
|Date Opened||1/29/2020 12:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$64,565.00 - $84,198/year (Grade 21, Base-Step 9 with promotional growth to $103,661.00)|
|HR Analyst||Kathleen Hubbard|
This is a Skilled Service position with full State of Maryland benefits
Work that matters. The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in the financing and development of affordable housing and community development lending. We are good but strive to be great. To make this happen our team needs members that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently bring forth practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good, and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference in their neighborhood.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Architecture, Economics, Accounting, Construction Management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional financial/risk analysis experience, such as managing government programs, risk analysts, debt portfolios, examining and or analyzing financial statements, budget, grant or real estate investment portfolio records and reports, or four years of experience in Construction Management, (as applicable).
1. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or documented eligibility to sit for the CPA Examination may be substituted for the educational requirement.
2. A Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Architecture, Construction Management, Economics, Accounting or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional financial analysis experience, such as managing financial asset and debt portfolios, or one year of residential construction discipline or multifamily construction management.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting or Loan Officer Classifications, or as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Five years of experience administering housing voucher programs or federal/state/local rental assistance programs
- Two years of supervisory or team lead experience
- One year of experience with making public presentations, giving briefings, or being interviewed
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Kathleen.Hubbard@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mrs. Kathleen Hubbard, HR Coordinator
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7418.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.