BUILDING SECURITY OFFICER TRAINEE
|Department||DGS Maryland Capitol Police|
|Date Opened||2/13/2020 4:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23,977.00 - $36,952.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Positions are within the MD Capitol Police of the Department of General Services (DGS-MCP) located in Annapolis and Baltimore, MD.
Main Purpose of Job
Duties for these positions include but are not limited to the following:
- May be assigned to post(s) that require the understanding or ability to operate x-ray machines, metal detectors, solar vehicle, bicycle, Segway, etc.
- Staffs crosswalks to allow employees and visitors the ability to safely navigate streets in and around State facilities.
- Reports the presence of suspicious persons and those who are determined not to have official business on State property in order to prevent unauthorized entry into facilities.
- Performs fire, light and security checks by patrolling and observing, both interior and exterior of assigned facility, in order to recognize hazards, as or before they occur.
- Observes and reports incidents in order to minimize loss or damage to property and equipment. Recognizes and reports, incidents or malfunctions which would endanger the safety of occupants to DGS-MCP communications as they are observed. -
Acts in a courteous and helpful manner when screening employees and visitors in order to present a positive image of the State of Maryland, the Department of General Services and the Maryland Capitol Police.
- Reads, comprehends and adheres to all DGS-MCP Standard Operating Procedures, Rules of Conduct, Executive Orders, Administrative Orders and the laws of the State of Maryland in order to function efficiently and effectively in performance of job duties.
- Other functions that may be required that enable this agency to fulfill its government mission, which is to provide law enforcement and physical security to State owned and managed property.
Education: Ability to read and write.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
-Two years of recent continuous work experience/continuous employment is strongly preferred.