DEPUTY STATE FIRE MARSHAL I
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||2/5/2020 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,992.00 - $77,950.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Pamela Harvey|
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must successfully complete the Entrance Level Police Training Course required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to secure police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.
1. Employees must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission for a police officer in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 6-303 or be eligible for comparative compliance training, approved by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission. Selection standards for police officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation, including a check of criminal history
Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis, as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
3. Employees in this classification are assigned duties in a given service area.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed application, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: Pamela Harvey
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Office of the State Fire Marshal to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.