NURSING PROGRAM CONSULTANT/ADMINISTRATOR II
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||2/12/2020 4:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/26/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,925-$83,364 with progression to $102,634. State salary guidelines apply to State Employees|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
The Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) is seeking to hire a Nursing Program Consultant/Administrator II within the Land & Materials Administration/Lead Poisoning Prevention Program. This is a position specific recruitment for MDE.
This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting eligible list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land & Materials Administration/Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts oversight of MOUs with other agencies for outreach and case management projects, including budget monitoring;
- Maintains planning, implementation, and evaluation mechanisms for case management and notification made under Environment Article 6-801-6-842 "Reduction of Lead Risk in Housing" Act. This includes periodic reports, using the existing data management systems. Conducts daily oversight and management of the Child Lead Registry.
- Functions as MDE's expert in case management and outreach to local health departments. This may be in the form of written directives, position statements, formal or informal advise, media contacts, testimony, presentations and assistance with health education aspects of the Program.
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experiences as a Registered Nurse including two years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity.
Notes: 1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health-related field from an accredited college or university and two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity may be substituted for the required education.
2. A PhD in Nursing from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Knowledge of Maryland's lead laws and regulations;
- Case Management experience;
- Data Management experience;
- Experience supervising technical staff.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit a paper application & supplemental questionnaire, (if applicable) via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application.
Completed applications, required documentation, transcripts, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment & Examination Unit
(Office) 410-537-3130 Email: email@example.com
The MD State Application Form can be found online
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|