REGISTERED NURSE CHARGE MEDICAL **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||8/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $70,600.00/year, with potential growth to $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
RECRUITMENT REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY.
Spring Grove Hospital Center is the largest psychiatric hospital operated by the State of Maryland, with 377 beds. We are located in Catonsville, previously named by Money Magazine as one of the best places to live! Convenient to DC, Baltimore and BWI Airport, our 180-acre wooded campus feels more like a college setting. Our mission is to provide quality mental health services to patients from across the State. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive health benefits package, 11 paid holidays and six personal days annually, pension and retirement savings plans, training opportunities, free onsite parking and much more! Join our team and be a part of the change!
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Spring Grove Hospital Center. 55 Wade Avenue, Catonsville, MD 21228
The main purpose of this position is to provide licensed nursing supervision to nursing and direct care staff for the clients on a Special Populations medical/surgical unit of an in-patients psychiatric facility. This position will function at the full performance level of work, on one shift, providing oversight for the total nursing care of the clients/patients assigned to the ward. This position may be responsible for providing supervision on a rotational basis and may provide relief coverage as a licensed RN Charge for the unit in the absence of other shift charge nurses. This position also provides guidance and education to subordinate staff on the unit with regard to the medical needs of this special population. This position receives general supervision from a Registered Nurse Supervisor or higher level staff/designee and is required to work two weekends per month and is emergency essential.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse, one year of which must have been in the Medical option.
Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for the one year of general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation fro equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.