INTERNAL AUDITOR II
|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||2/6/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Work under supervision of Audit Supervisor in conducting scheduled audits of Casinos, Bingo Halls, and VFWs (planning, fieldwork, reporting, follow-up). Assist Audit Supervisor with development of audit documentation (i.e., audit scope and objectives, audit programs, checklists, and testing work papers). This position will answer audit objectives, obtain sufficient and appropriate evidence, support conclusions and form appropriate recommendations that are auditable and feasible. Audits performed in all areas of casino operations (slots, table games, accounting, cage, responsible gambling, marketing, surveillance, security, revenue audits, IT, etc.). Limited scope audits performed at Bingo Hall and VFW facilities.
Assist Audit Supervisor with preparation and review of audit reports.
Travel to Casino, Bingo Hall, and VFW facilities to conduct audits.
Analyze, document, and perform testing of business processes at facilities.
Review and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
Review and evaluate compliance with internal control policies and procedures approved by the Maryland Lottery Commission.
Conduct interviews with casino personnel to ensure that the casino is complying with documented internal accounting controls.
Provide status reports to Audit Supervisor on a weekly basis
Perform special projects as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
• CPA or CIA preferred
• Gaming experience preferred
• Financial analysis experience preferred
• IT experience preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper applications.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
ATTN: Human Resources Department, Aimee Ringgold
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330, Baltimore, MD 21230 Fax: 410-230-5591
For questions about this recruitment, please call 410-230-8766.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE DATE LISTED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE CONSIDERED.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.