COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Annapolis Data Center Operations|
|Date Opened||11/19/2020 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/10/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,727.00 - $91,075.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jodi Reilly|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer networks from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience planning, integrating, and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
- Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and 18 months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and 15 credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator equivalent certification program for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing, and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalence evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to demonstrate that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
Please indicate clearly any position-specific experience and ensure all education and experience sections are complete. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of your application.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six-month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|