Mid-Level .NET Developer
IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||1/10/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/3/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting annual salary of $49,971 - $63,636 with possible growth to $79,996 per year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Barrett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The State of Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission is currently seeking an energetic, versatile and skilled mid-level .NET Developer in the position IT Programmer Analyst II. The mid-level .NET Developer is a key member of the WCC IT team of app developers, system and data architects, business analysts, network administrators, and technical support staff. The IT team delivers end to end technology solutions and support for WCC's employees, injured workers, insurers, employers, attorneys, health care professionals, government partners, and the public at large.
This position offers a unique career building opportunity for the Mid-level .NET Developer to participate in WCC's Enterprise Modernization (EM) project, a complete business process and technology refresh. Currently underway, the EM project uses upward trending low code/no code digital transformation tools to build flexible and extensible business apps, data, and decision support intelligence. Training in the low-code/no-code digital transformation tools will be provided, but experience with any of these tools is helpful.
The mid-level .NET Developer that we are looking for has a strong customer focus, using innovative approaches to deliver effective technology solutions that also delight customers. This position develops solutions to solve key business and compliance needs in an integrated and simple manner, building in extensibility and security, and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to best practices.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of business systems analysis as well as experience using Agile methods for developing 'N' tier Microsoft .NET Framework based software applications.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Employee may be required to be on-call or occasionally or asked to work outside of normal work hours or on weekends for production emergencies as well as planned system upgrades and therefore required to provide the agency with a telephone number or other mutually agreeable contact method where the employee can be reached.
• Employee may be required to drive to Agency Regional Site locations and must have a valid MD Driver's License.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|