IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST SUPERVISOR
|Department||MDE - Coordinating Offices|
|Date Opened||2/11/2020 09:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/25/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,727 - $73,876 w/progression to $91,075 State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
THIS RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED TO CURRENT PERMANENT AND CONTRACTUAL EMPLOYEES OF THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT
This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE). This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Office of Information Management and Technology
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2.Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Microsoft SQL versions 2008 and above including system administration functions such as backup and restore;
- Oracle 11G and above;
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
- Developing multi-user production applications;
- Microsoft Visual Studio using C# and VB.Net;
- Change Management;
- Scripting and automation;
- Bootstrap and Entity Framework;
- Microsoft Power BI.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application. If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966, email: Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Recruitment & Examination Division
Reference Number: 20-004472-0001
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|