IT STAFF SPECIALIST
|Department||MDE - Coordinating Offices|
|Date Opened||3/25/2020 11:39:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/8/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971 - $64,857 with progression to $79,996. Salary guidelines apply to MD State Employees.|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Office of Information Management and Technology
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The position supports the mission, goals, and objectives of MDE by providing recommendations to the Director of Projects based on technical research, evaluation of business process improvements and frequent contact with IT Project stakeholders, such as MDE's executive staff, management staff, environmental media staff, the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Information Technology, and various IT contractors. This position will gather business requirements, recommend new standards, methods of operation, and technologies to the Director of Projects to improve how the agency accomplishes its mission.
Responsibilities include performing business analysis, need assessments, identifying problems or solutions, assessing the current state of the organization, recommending actions to address business needs, and assembling business cases. The position promotes the strategic direction of information technology and may act as the Director of Projects representative in meetings and conferences or as a liaison between the Project Management office and other MDE Administrations. This position will also act as the team leader on IT Special Projects and may work on sensitive and confidential information at the discretion of the Director of Projects.
The incumbent in this position will focus on business requirements elicitation and analysis, documenting outputs from this process, modelling and refining requirements, and documenting, validating, and verifying solution requirements, as well as, providing traceability, and assisting with monitoring requirements implementation throughout the project lifecycle. This position will also assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards throughout MDE to ensure the successful application of IT Special Projects activities to meet user defined requirements.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2 Years of Business Analyst experience with a focus on IT Projects, Requirements Documentation and Solutions during all phases of SDLC.
- Thorough knowledge of Business Analysis processes, methods, and techniques utilized to analyze and evaluate business operations.
- Experience in documenting complex business and functional requirements for software development.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Excel, Word, and Viso.
- Working familiarity of Azure DevOps Server.
- Experience working with AGILE projects and methodologies.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application.
If you are unable to apply online or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendum:
via fax 410-537-3966, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment and Examination Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Reference Number: 20-004486-0001
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.