IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II
|Department||DHS Child Support Enforcement Administration|
|Date Opened||9/9/2020 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $60,785.00/year with potential growth to $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Child Support Administration
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Under the direction of the Unit Director, this position functions as a participant of program software enhancements and modifications associated with the ongoing development of the Child Support Management System (CSMS). The Child Support Management System (CSMS) is a large-scale multi-million dollar mainframe system under the Maryland’s Client Information System (CIS).
The incumbent has a key role in performing functional analysis, recommends solutions and participates on workgroups that impacts the ongoing design, development, implementation and maintenance of CSMS. The incumbent acts as liaison between the Child Support Administration (CSA) and both the Department of Human Services Information System (DHRIS) Project Team and the MD-Think Project Team, as well as supporting local and central office end users to ensure that system software developments meet the needs of the Child Support Administration. This position is Telework Eligible.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: One year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of experience conducting formal independent IT-related trainings.
2. One year of experience working with MS Office Suite software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
3. One year of experience leading small work groups.
4. One year of experience working in a Human Service Program such as Child Support, Child Welfare, Family Investment, etc.
5. Strong written and oral communication skills.
6. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
7. Flexibility in a busy environment.
8. Strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education has determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information to Bettyj.email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7147 TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|