IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST SUPERVISOR
Lead Functional Business Analyst ***REPOST***
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||3/30/2020 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/13/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214.00 - $85,398.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shirley Williams|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency (MSRA) administers the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System (MSRPS). The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ defined benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with over 50 different rule sets, supporting over 400,000 active members, retirees, and beneficiaries.
The Agency is involved in a multi-year re-engineering of its retirement-related business processes, in addition to acquiring and implementing support technologies (e.g., member relationship management, document management, and workflow management) and adapting existing pension administration programs to secure online real-time transaction processing. In addition, the Agency manages a $55 billion trust fund, invested globally, the management of which is also undergoing considerable change. All told, this is an exciting time to join MSRA's technology team in this critical Systems Development unit position. If you are a qualified technology professional, here’s what MSRA has to offer:
* Professional development opportunities
* Work with new technologies in a challenging environment
* Working in an organization that fosters teamwork and cooperation.
* Work only a few blocks from Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, convenient to Metro, Light Rail and buses (all at no charge to State Employees in the Baltimore metro area)
Enjoy other State of Maryland employee benefits.
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Work as part of various project teams in both the Administration side and the Investments side of the Agency as a Lead Functional/Business Analyst defining business requirements, planning testing activities, managing acceptance of project deliverable, coordinating interactions between project vendors and Agency personnel, resolving project issues, and delivering user training to enable users to perform their jobs using the Investments tools, and related Administration web applications. As the position is a Supervisor classification this position over time is expected to operate at a more senior level and may provide direction, assign, and review the work of other analysts, and /or Agency staff personnel participating in the projects as well as perform any and all work assignments.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: Three years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience as a functional or business analyst supporting complex organization, or extensive experience in the laws, rules and regulations applicable to complex defined benefit plans such as those administered by Maryland State Retirement Agency.
Experience working with an Investments management team providing technical guidance.
Experience working on development projects of web-based applications.
Experience in conducting webinar training to external users and familiarity with web-based interactive tools.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.