|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||1/31/2020 5:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2020 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated experience performing complex reconciliations
- Two or more years' experience processing and/or reconciling payroll for an organization with 1000+ employees
- Advanced level experience using Microsoft Excel functions (i.e., creating and linking spreadsheets, creating formulas and pivot tables, importing, sorting and filtering data)
- Demonstrated experience preparing, revising and/or approving complex calculations related to retirement/pension benefits; social security benefits; insurance/death benefits; lending activities; health benefits; or other social service benefits
- Demonstrated experience working with teams.