|Department||DBM OPSB Division of Employee Benefits|
|Date Opened||6/16/2020 5:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cecelia Smith|
The Employee Benefits Division (EBD) of the Department of Budget and Management, a State agency, have two vacant positions available for an Advanced Accountant within the Fiscal Services Group. EBD oversees the accounting, budgeting, and auditing functions of the State’s $1.6 Billion non-budgeted Employees and Retirees Health Insurance Programs.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following:
Maintaining the accurate reporting in support of the State Health Insurance Fund and the EBD operating budget per General Accounting Division (GAD) guidelines.
Reporting to EBD management the status of all fiscal activities dealing with both internal and external parties as it relates to the proper execution and maintenance of Management Reporting, Fund Reconciliation, Cash Management, as well as other duties as assigned.
Reviewing and analyzing fiscal transactions in support of annual medical, dental, and RX claims eligibility audits to ensure cost and compliance to vendor contracts.
Review and verification of fiscal compliance to correct and support any DLS audit findings.
May assess the fiscal operations to identify accounting functions which would benefit from automation.
Performs other related duties.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS