|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||10/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· Performs the daily calculation of the proceeds and fees due from each VLT facility. Verifies that all funds due are remitted in a timely manner. Contacts the VLT facilities on a daily basis to advise them of the amounts due to the State.
· Prepares daily reconciliations between the VLT facilities in house systems and the Lottery’s Central Computer System and investigates and resolves any discrepancies. These reconciliations include reviewing VLT meter information, processing adjustments and maintaining subsidiary schedules as needed.
· Analyzes the accounting transactions daily to ensure the proper information is entered into to the general ledger. Assists when necessary with the maintenance of the VLT related accounts in the Solomon general ledger. This includes preparing the required journal entries. These entries represent the final outcome that supports the balances reported in the Lottery’s financial statements.
· Calculates the distribution of proceeds to the various funds as Defined by the law and prepares the required paperwork to make the distributions. Provides monthly press release and dashboard information for each facility and provides that information to Communications for dissemination to the public. Maintains a daily spreadsheet of all gross terminal revenue and table game revenue for submission weekly to various entities. (Including DBM and BRE)
· Provide VLT Accounting information for each facility on as requested basis.
· Reconciles with the Licensing Division the cash received for license fees to ensure all applicants have paid the proper fees prior to the start of the investigation.
· Tracks the amount of background deposits currently on hand, monitors the liquidation of these deposits to ensure revenue is properly recorded and establishes the escrow account balance that is to be recorded in the financial statements.
· Casino Working Fund reconciliations
· Promotional ticket reconciliation
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Access and Excel
- Financial reconciliation
- Casino financial operations
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper applications.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
ATTN: Human Resources Department, Aimee Ringgold
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330, Baltimore, MD 21230
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE DATE LISTED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE CONSIDERED.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.