ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR I
|Department||DGS Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||3/17/2020 09:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971 - $79,996/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
• Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Assist in reviewing invoice payments processed by fiscal staff for final approval and submission to the State Comptroller’s Office.
• Manage a skilled and paraprofessional staff which includes planning, coordinating, supervising and evaluating work assignments of staff. This includes hiring, training and counseling.
• Assist with the direction and coordination of all activities relating to the utilization of capital funds under the authority of DGS.
• Assist with managing the financial resources of the DGS Capital Funds Program via monthly reconciliations of the Capital Project Accounting System (CPAS) with the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
• Assist and update various reports necessary to develop short and long range financial plans.
• Review with Capital Unit Manager old open encumbrances and initiate the list for the reversion of funds for inactive projects.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of accounting experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience in the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of an operating budget or capital budget with working knowledge of R*STARS (Relational Standard Accounting & Reporting System), including revenue and expenditure research that required the ability to review and analyze expenditure data and prepare/review monthly reconciliations.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred.
Please contact email@example.com or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to:
Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201
Applications and supplemental questions must be received by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.