REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT I
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||3/30/2020 11:40:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/13/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106 - $56,982 w/ progression to $70,201 State salary guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credits in engineering and two years performing engineering or architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety, or related areas may be substituted for the engineering degree.
2. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the education requirement.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Familiar with using hydrologic and hydraulic modeling such as HEC-RAS, GIS Hydro, TR-20, or TR-5;
- Familiar with Database Management Systems;
- Successful completed training and or coursework in any of the following: Open Channel Flow, Fluid Mechanics, Fluvial Geomorphology, Natural Channel Design, Regenerative Stream Conveyance Design, or Valley Restoration Design.