REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT II
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||3/30/2020 09:45:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/13/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971 - $64,857 w/ progression to $79,996. State salary guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Abigail Lord|
This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment/Water and Science Administration. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in further vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
Wastewater Permits Program/Industrial and General Permits Division
1800 Washington Blvd
Baltimore MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
- Work involves exposure to uncomfortable or unpleasant surroundings. Site visits might include a review of treatment areas where smells or sights may be offensive.
- Work involves special physical demands such as climbing ladders to visibly inspect an outfall or pollution control device.
- Work requires the use of protective equipment. When conducting site visits, required equipment may include steel-toe shoes, safety goggles, and hard hats.
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of engineering or architectural experience in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, or public health and safety to ensure regulatory compliance with engineering or architectural standards, practices, principles and methods.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credits in engineering and two years performing engineering or architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety, or related areas may be substituted for the engineering degree.
2. A Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the required education and experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience managing a long-term project (a project which takes 6 months or longer to complete).
- Experience managing multiple long-term projects at the same time.
- Experience implementing rules, interpreting regulations, and/or following legal requirements.
- Experience writing technical documents.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Experience building or using a database.
- Experience building or using GIS (Graphical Information Systems).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum/ selective/ preferred qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for consideration of an interview/selection. Only those candidates that demonstrate, in their applications, the required qualifications will be deemed qualified and referred.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified and placed on the cert list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined for a foreign credential evaluation service.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the State application. If you are unable to apply online of encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation you may submit a paper application, required documentation, transcripts and addendums via fax 410-537-3966, emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Recruitment & Examination Division
Reference Number: 20-004591-0003
1800 Washington Blvd
Baltimore MD, 21230
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay
We thank our veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.