PSCS Social Worker II, Criminal Justice
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||2/28/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacob Rolon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
North Branch Correctional Institution
14100 McMullen Highway, S.W.
Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Maryland Correctional Training Center
18800 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, Maryland 21746
Maryland Reception Diagnostic and Classification Center
550 E. Madison Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Metropolitan Transition Center
954 Forrest Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Anne Arundel County
Maryland Correctional Institution –Women
7943 Brock Bridge Road
Jessup, Maryland 20794
Eastern Correctional Institution
30420 Revells Neck Rd
Westover, MD 21890
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Two years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic social work services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology or Welfare fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a certified social worker or certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Skilled and Professional Exams and T&E use:
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you are unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: J. Rolon
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-3695
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|