|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Filing Deadline||2/24/2020 10:05:00 AM|
|Salary||$44,106.00 with potential growth to $70,201.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tracy Green|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
· This position is open for all religious faiths to apply.
· The candidate must provide duties in an impartial manner to support all religions represented within the prison’s population.
· Essential duties of this position include: Plans, develops, monitors, and maintains equity of various religious activities/services to include worship activities, study groups, administration of sacraments, holy day observances and special programs in order to enable the incarcerated population to practice their particular chosen religion by responding to inmate requests in accordance with agency policies.
· Available to inmate population to give advice guidance, support, and to fulfill religious needs by responding to requests slips, circulating in housing units, establishing a visitation schedule for medical and segregation units, and follows-up on inmates’ religious related correspondences.
· Provides emergency notifications through making contact with inmates and their families in order to provide information and counsel relative to serious illnesses, injuries or death as established in agency directives.
· Other duties assigned to this position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of ministerial leadership experience in a specialized ministry setting.
Note: For education obtained outside the U.S., candidates are required to provide proof of the equivalent of American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation services. All information used to determine your qualifications must be submitted with the application by the closing date.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The candidate must have a current ecclesiastical /religious endorsement by the recognized endorsing body of the faith tradition.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred, not required:
· One (1) year of experience specifically counseling others or completion of one (1) unit in Clinical Pastoral Education as accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education, or its equivalent.
· The candidate can possess a degree in the disciplines of theology, religious studies, or sacred studies from an accredited institution, seminary or equivalent.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Possess current ecclesiastical/religious endorsement that certifies your experience and/or ordination requirements that meet the standards of the ecclesiastical/religion body. (must be produced before hiring)
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the required selection standards. Selection standards for correctional training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12/10/2009 and include the following: U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status must be at least 21 years of age and complete a background investigation and oral interview.
2. Candidate must be willing to work with other religious groups outside their own religious faith.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. You must meet the minimum qualifications (and selective qualifications, if applicable) to be considered. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Resumes may not be submitted in lieu of completing the employment application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: T. Green
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4218
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.