MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Soft Goods
MCE Officer Trainee Upholstery Manufacturer
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||1/8/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,550.00 - $64,115.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gabriella Huth|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Maintains control and discipline among the inmate workers by enforcing safety, sanitary and security regulations;
- Provides on-the-job training in relation to the use of upholstery equipment and industrial machinery;
- Utilizes air powered staple guns, mauls, hammers, scissors, regulators, tack pullers, etc. to successfully complete customer orders;
- Keeps continual count of inmates;
- Enforces rules of conduct and security and labor standards by issuing verbal admonishments for minor infractions and making reports of significant violations or irregularities to superiors;
- Remains alert at all times in order to assist in preventing any acts of sabotage or breaches of security;
- Plans and coordinates production operations;
- Prepares material estimates, production records and other written reports concerning shop operations;
- Provides training in work functions of a specific shop and explains the purpose and use of tools, equipment and materials to inmates;
- Keeps records of materials and supplies used;
- Evaluates the work progress of inmates;
- Inspects completed work and work in progress for adherence to job orders and production standards;
- Supervises the maintenance of shop areas, tools and equipment;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with custom framing
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, to include Microsoft Word and Excel
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.