PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR I
Chief Development Officer
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||1/4/2021 08:57:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$73,541.00 - $95,797/year (with potential for growth to $118,085) DBM Salary Guidelines apply|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
Our mission is to proactively reduce disaster risks and reliably manage consequences through collaborative work with Maryland's communities and partners.
NOTE: Position will be required to work in an emergency/disaster capacity according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Structure (SEOC) and according to the Consequence Management Operations Plan (CMOP). This may involve working 12 hour shifts extended periods of time in support of 24 hour consequence management activities.
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is the agency of State Government with primary responsibility and authority for emergency preparedness policy, and for coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MEMA works to ensure that all Marylanders engage in preparedness activities and that the entire state is more disaster resilient.
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Oversee the development and execution of the Agency’s development strategy and organization
- Establishes Agency and Maryland Emergency Management System goals, objectives, standards, controls, and deliverables to meet quantitative and qualitative expectations of the agency
- Conducts threat and hazard identification assessments and implements programs to reduce risk and improve capabilities
- Serve in a leadership role in the state's COVID-19 multiagency coordination system
- Support the Agency’s statewide activities
- Support Maryland’s strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Support and participate in overall Agency initiatives and programs
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by Agency Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management Personnel
- Serve as a MEMA Director on Call on a rotating basis
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. Two years of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- A Bachelor's and/or Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Risk Management, Planning, Political Science, Public Administration or a related field
- Experience developing organizational or program strategy
- Experience developing policy and working with policymakers, executives, or legislators
- Experience monitoring quality assurance and ensuring projects and programs reflect strategic priorities
- Experience working in an emergency operations center or disaster setting
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. You may need to disable your browser's pop-up blocker to be able to upload documents. We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Please do not attach resumes.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
MEMA - HR
ATTN: Kristi Metzger
5401 Rue Saint Lo Drive
Reisterstown, MD 21136
For more information, please call 410-517-3615.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay