MPT Senior Director, Information Technology Department
|Department||MPT - Administration and Support Services|
|Date Opened||12/17/2020 10:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$91,399.00 - $143,095.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
Maryland Public Television, which is commonly known by its familiar name "MPT", is a public television network that comprises six television stations that broadcast throughout the entire state of Maryland as well as into the District of Columbia and parts of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. MPT is the only statewide broadcaster in Maryland. MPT is a member of the Public Broadcasting Service.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Public Television
Main Purpose of Job
- Oversee the computer network operations with respect to design, installation, planning, and maintenance;
- Responsible for the overall operation of the IT network, phone system (desk and mobile), and helpdesk;
- Evaluate and execute technical initiatives to support business and production missions of MPT’s various departments;
- Develop an annual budget, goals, and objectives, evaluate the legacy platforms, determine future direction and initiatives of the department;
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with state systems’ Department of Information Technology;
- Maintain close partnerships with MPT departments, vendors, and various contractors.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Public Administration, a closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Evidence of continuing education, such as SBE certifications Experience with radio and television operations and/or content creation;
- Experience with PCI compliance - data security and cybersecurity;
- Must be a creative and visionary thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action;
- Experience implementing best industry standards for an enterprise-level environment to ensure smooth and reliable business operations;
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing complex projects, budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities;
- Demonstrated skill and successful experience in organizational change and transition management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes;
- Ability to explain highly complex technical projects in easy-to-understand terms to non-technical colleagues.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|