COMMUNITY BASED TESTING CLINCIAL ADVISOR
|Department||MDH Infectious Disease & Environmental Hlth Svcs|
|Date Opened||11/20/2020 3:43:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/4/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$75.00 - $100.00/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Testing Task Force, Annapolis, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to conduct, oversee and supervise specimen collection in a community setting. This position will also act as a Clinical Consultant to fulfill CMS requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring COVID-19 test specimens are collected in a manner that is in accordance with the CDC recommended infection prevention and control practices, including use of recommended personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Following the CDC’s guidelines for collecting, handling, and testing clinical specimens from persons for COVID-19;
- Facilitates infection control:
- Creating a dedicated space with separate entrances / exits to manage traffic that does not put at risk the general population or create traffic congestion; Use an outdoor environment to collect specimens whenever possible;
- Providing information regarding self-quarantine and other guidance as indicated; and • Be responsible for assuring that the individual is promptly notified of the test result and informed of the appropriate clinical next steps;
- Providing consultation regarding the appropriateness of the testing ordered and interpretation of test results;
- Be available to provide clinical consultation to the laboratory’s clients;
- Be available to assist the laboratory’s clients in ensuring that appropriate tests are ordered to meet the clinical expectations;
- Ensuring that reports of test results include pertinent information required for specific patient interpretation; and,
- Ensuring that consultation is available and communicated to the laboratory’s clients on matters related to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
Qualified candidates must possess one of the following licenses from the applicable Maryland licensing board:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Qualified candidates must also possess at least 3 years of experience with infection control and have at least 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor Osteopathic Medicine (DO) applicants must be licensed and currently registered with the Maryland Board of Physicians to practice medicine under Maryland State Law. A copy of your license or license number must accompany your application.
Physician Assistant candidates must possess a current certificate, or be eligible for certification, as a Physician Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Physician Quality Assurance, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number must accompany the application.
Nurse Practitioner candidates must possess a current certificate as a Nurse Practitioner from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|