PSC COMMISSION ADVISOR
DIRECTOR OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS DIVISION
|Department||PSC General Administration and Hearings|
|Date Opened||9/3/2020 7:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,171.00 - $143,699.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenea Allen|
The Maryland Public Service Commission is seeking a full-time Director of the Consumer Affairs Division. This is a Special Appointment position which serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Public Service Commission
6 Saint Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervises one Assistant Director (Administrator IV), the Director of the new CEU, one Manager - Compliance and Enforcement Officer (Administrator II), one Manager –Dispute Resolution (Administrator I), and their subordinate staff.
- Provides policy advice relating to the development and enforcement of the Commission’s consumer protection policies and other matters affecting consumers.
- Represents the Commission in a liaison capacity with managers and officials of major gas, electric, water, community solar, and telecommunication companies.
- Develops and/or responds to proposals for changes to the Code of Maryland Regulations and proposed legislative changes to the Public Utility Article as they pertain to utility consumers, other state and local agencies, or consumer groups.
- Represents the Commission and testifies before legislators on proposed legislation before the Maryland General Assembly and local government.
- Coordinates efforts to develop and implement public outreach, informational, and educational materials concerning retail competition in the electric and gas supplier markets.
- Works with the Communications Director and Legislative Affairs Director to respond to calls, letters, or inquiries from elected officials and high level utility officials.
- Interfaces on behalf of the Commission with the Office of Home Energy Programs and other local and state agencies on Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) and other low income energy assistance initiatives.
- Interfaces and shares lessons learned with other consumer affairs directors in utility regulatory agencies at the Federal level and at states and territory Commissions.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Juris Doctorate and/or other Graduate Degree
- Experience in public relations, media relations, or government affairs
- Experience in Dispute Resolution matters
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, contact S. Hudson.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at email@example.com
Or call S.Hudson at 410-767-4910.
Emailed inquiries should reference recruitment number listed in the announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the State application.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service needs to be provided before hire.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.