SOCIAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR IV
Child Safety Continuum Administrator
|Department||DHS - Howard County DSS|
|Date Opened||10/8/2021 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/22/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $75,354.00 with the potential growth up to $92,897.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kafach McLaren|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a master’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
Experience: Seven (7) years of professional experience in a social work capacity in a public or private agency or institution, five (5) years of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
Note: Applicants must possess LCSW or LCSW-C for this position.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services, §4-204 the Annotated Code of Maryland and the Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, does not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Three years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families.
2. Three years of experience developing program policies and procedures for a local department of Social Services.
3. Three years experience of staffing, planning, coordinating, supervising and evaluating the work of licensed Social Workers and Casework Specialists.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Christopher Perez, Howard County Department of Social Services, 9780 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, MD 21046.
TTY Users: please call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.