SANITARIAN IV, REGISTERED (***REPOST***)
|Department||MDH Infectious Disease & Environmental Hlth Svcs|
|Date Opened||11/23/2021 5:56:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $62,001.00/year, with potential growth to $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarians, under the certificate of eligibility requirements for Environmental Sanitarians.
Experience: Four years of environmental health work experience in the promotion, control and maintenance of environmental health.
1. Applicants may substitute a Master’s degree in Public Health or Environmental Health Sciences for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a Commissioned Officer in Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Science field of work, on a year-for-year basis, for the experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Environmental Sanitarian from the Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarians. A photocopy of current registration must be attached to the application form (MS-100).
2. The licensure requirements are pursuant to State Environmental Article, Title 11, COMAR 26.07.01 through 26.07.04. The Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management cannot accept any substitutions.
3. Further information on eligibility requirements, including an application for license, may be obtained from the Administrative Officer, Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarian Registration, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, Maryland 21230.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials which are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.