FINANCIAL NON-DEPOSITORY EXAMINER LEAD/ADVANCED
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ENFORCEMENT
|Department||LABOR - Financial Regulation|
|Date Opened||6/7/2021 2:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $75,354.00 with potential growth up to $92,897.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tenisha Tunstall|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assigns, reviews, and approves the work of and trains lower-level Financial Fraud Examiners, including providing advice and guidance to lower-level Financial Fraud Examiners in all facets of the investigatory process.
- Participates in the review of enforcement investigations to determine whether to either close investigations or takes further actions. These functions may entail, but are not limited to, assisting in the referral of matters to the Office of the Attorney General for administrative or legal action.
- Assist in the review of completed investigations at random for the purpose of monitoring compliance with Agency consumer complaint investigation policies and procedures. Assists the Director of Director of Enforcement with updating and implementing new Agency policies and procedures in the enforcement investigation process.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university including or supplemented by a total of 24 credit hours in business administration, finance, economics, law, criminal justice or accounting. These credit hours must include a minimum of 6 credit hours in either accounting or auditing.
Experience: Four years of experience examining or auditing the accounts, records and business practices of non-depository financial institutions or in managerial or professional work in the financial services, consumer loan, sales finance, installment loan, mortgage lenders, collection agencies, check cashiers, money transmitters, debt management and/or law enforcement industries.
1. Applicants may substitute regulatory, investigatory, managerial or professional experience in the financial services industry, consumer credit industry, mortgage lending industry, accounting or auditing work or State or federal experience regulating the above industries or in law enforcement on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant, or a Master’s degree in business administration or accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the financial management or auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All candidates are subject to a background check against files maintained by the Division of Unemployment Insurance (Department of Labor/DUI) to determine whether any monies are owed to Department of Labor/DUI as a result of unemployment overpayment/fraud. Any unpaid debt may have an impact on whether or not a candidate is offered employment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Department of Labor Office of Administration
Attn: Tenisha Tunstall 21-000281-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Tenisha Tunstall at 410-767-2772 or via email Tenisha.Tunstall2@maryland.gov.
The MD State Application Form can be found online
Department of Labor is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Department of Labor that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.