MSP COMMERCIAL VEHICLE COMPLIANCE TECHNICIAN MANAGER
|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||11/16/2021 1:11:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Divita Washington|
This is an INTERNAL RECRUITMENT FOR MARYLAND STATE POLICE EMPLOYEES ONLY (Permanent, Contractual, Temporary). It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience in conducting compliance review and preventive maintenance inspections and investigations at commercial carriers’ places of business to ensure compliance and initiate enforcement of applicable State and federal laws and regulations.
1. Additional experience in the mechanical repair, maintenance, or inspection of commercial motor vehicles may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional experience in law enforcement activities including vehicle inspections may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Current Maryland State Police Employee (Permanent, Contractual, Temporary).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees must possess and maintain certification as required by State Transportation Article, Section 25-111 (h)(2), Title 49, Sections 107-108 and 300-399 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation and as required by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance Guidelines.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. In accordance with Section 15 (b) (4) of the Department of State Police Article, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be place on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants will be subject to an interview.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police - Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Maryland 21208
ATTN: Divita Washington
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.