MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR ADVANCED
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||1/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/24/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,900.00 - $86,244.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Certified Professional Counselors.
Experience: Two years of experience providing professional counseling to clients with mental health disorders by using assessment, evaluation, intervention, rehabilitation and treatment regimens.
Note: 1. These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Mental or Behavioral Health Counseling classifications or Mental or Behavioral Health Nursing and Specialist specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience assessing and providing therapy to population of adolescents with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders in the Juvenile Justice system.
- Experience working with an adolescent population with mental health and/or substance abuse issues.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.05, candidates placed in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.