MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR ADVANCED
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Institution For Women|
|Date Opened||4/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/14/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacob Rolon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Allegany County: Western Correctional Institution
13800 McMullen Highway, S.W.
Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Anne Arundel County: Maryland Correctional Institution - Women
7943 Brockbridge Road
Jessup, Maryland 20794
Washington County: Maryland Correctional Institution - Hagerstown
18601 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, Maryland 21746
The Mental Health Professional Counselor-Advanced performs the full performance level of the professional counseling work, at the Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor level, providing counseling services to clients with mental disorders by using assessment, evaluation, and intervention, rehabilitation, and treatment regimens. The Mental Health Professional Counselor-Advanced is additionally responsible for developing, maintaining, and conduction special programs and/or special programs for special needs populations (eg. SNU, BMP, etc.).
Functioning as an independently licensed mental health professional, the Mental Health Professional Counselor is responsible for providing mental health services to inmates within a defined population of a correctional facility. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Assesses the inmate’s situation to determine the appropriate services using clinical interview techniques, objective assessments, and psychological testing under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
- Intervenes in crisis situations to de-escalate the situation and provide acute care using suicide prevention planning and crisis intervention techniques.
- Develop treatment plans and provides treatment to inmates who have significant mental or emotional disorders through the use of individual and/or group counseling.
Develops and implements behavioral management plans for inmates that are disruptive to the operation of institution.
Refers inmates for other services such as psychiatric care, inpatient mental health services, case management planning, medical evaluations, addictions services, etc.
Documents services rendered to the inmate in the EPHR in accordance with established procedures.
Evaluates inmates for changes in security classifications using psychological tests combined with information gathered in the clinical interview in accordance with applicable regulations.
Reviews charts/EPHR as needed and assigned by department head.
Adheres to accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct and participates in continuing professional development.
May collaborate with other professionals in carrying out research in correctional work.
Administrative/Supervisory & Ancillary Duties
The Mental Health Professional Counselor Advanced is responsible for some non-clinical, and /or administrative duties related to the performance of the above – described primary duties. These include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains statistics to summarize the daily psychological services completed.
- Participates in interdisciplinary meetings as needed.
- May participate in training students and non-professional staff.
- Serves on special work groups and projects as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists under the requirements for Certified Professional Counselors.
Experience: Two years of experience providing professional counseling to clients with mental health disorders by using assessment, evaluation, intervention, rehabilitation and treatment regimens.
Note: 1. These requirements are established by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Mental or Behavioral Health Counseling classifications or Mental or Behavioral Health Nursing and Specialist specialty codes in the counseling field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.01.05, candidates placed in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|