REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR CI (Court Involved)
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||8/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/25/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,725.00 - $99,103.00/ year (salary negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Grace Williams|
Spring Grove Hospital Center is the largest psychiatric hospital operated by the State of Maryland, with 377 beds. We are located in Catonsville, previously named by Money Magazine as one of the best places to live! Convenient to DC, Baltimore and BWI airport, our 180-acre wooded campus feels more like a college setting. Our mission is to provide quality mental health services to patients from across the State. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive health benefits package, 11 paid holidays and 6 personal days annually, pension and retirement savings plans, training opportunities, free onsite parking and much more!
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH - Spring Grove Hospital Center, Catonsville, MD
This position is the supervisory level of work with the responsibility for coordinating, directing, and supervising the provision of nursing care services by assigned licensed and non-licensed staff to patients on a twenty-four hour basis. This position provides clinical teaching and administrative supervision for assigned personnel. This position may provide direct nursing care as needed and perform other related duties.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in a psychiatric setting.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for one year of the required psychiatric experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university for the required psychiatric experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should possess the following:
Leadership experience to oversee a team of nurses as they provide services to patients and manage their records.
Experience working with psychiatric patients, scheduling, training/mentoring and consulting on patient's treatment plans.
Extensive clinical skills for the admission unit and have the ability to lead and motivate staff.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State of Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.