WIC Director **RE-POST**
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||11/22/2021 1:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $62,001.00/year (with potential growth to $76,432.00)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
8930 Stanford Blvd.
Columbia, MD 21045
Main Purpose of Job
This full-time merit position provides direct supervision and programmatic oversight to the Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) Program, including Nutrition Services and the Breastfeeding Peer Education Programs. This position serves as a community liaison and participates in local state and national committees and activities related to the WIC program. Clinics may be scheduled outside traditional business hours. Required to respond to public health emergencies. May be required to carry a smart phone for 24/7 emergency response. May be required to participate in an after-hours call rotation for the Health Department. This position is eligible for hybrid telework
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice under the licensing requirements for Nutritionists and Dietitians.
Experience: Three years of experience providing professional nutrition or dietetic services, one year of which must include experience in a public health or community setting.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Community Health, Nutrition or Public Health from an accredited college or university for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dietitian and Nutritionist classification or Dietitian and Nutritionist specialty codes in the Dietitian field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of Experience Managing and Promoting the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program
- Experience Managing a Public Health Nutrition Program
- Experience/Familiarity with Federal Regulations related to Managing Public Health Programs
- Experience developing Budgets, Tracking Expenditures, Staff Recruitment and Management
- Supervisory experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dietitian or Nutritionist from the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 prior to permanent appointment.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|