MPCTC Training Director
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||1/10/2022 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,983.00 - $116,257.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
The main purpose of this position will be to direct and manage statewide Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS) correctional training programs, including the correctional entry-level academy, field training, instructor programs, and numerous in-service and advanced correctional officer programs.
- Manage and supervise employees and unit activities assigned to Correctional, and Parole and Probation and training units
- Direct operations of the Correctional and Parole and Probation entry level academy to ensure compliance with minimum standards, coordination of activities between academic and skills training and serve as a liaison between Academy staff and management/facilities/field
- Review for approval and provide oversight for Correctional and Parole and Probation training programs for yearly in-service
- Coordinate with the field to ensure inclusiveness
- Manage, plan, supervise and coordinate U.S. Department of State projects, providing international correctional training in and out of country
- Serve as a member of the Executive Corps and represent the Executive Director and/or Deputy Director at various events and committees for correctional training issues, attend graduations, assist MD agencies with training projects
- Serve as the Agency’s representative to the MD Correctional Training Directors Association and the MD Correctional Administrators Association
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. Two years of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
At least two years of Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions (MPCTC) Academic Instructor Certification
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|