AGENCY BUDGET SPECIALIST LEAD
|Department||DGS Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||4/9/2021 11:19:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/5/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881- $76,432(based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Prepares and defends designated programs of the agency’s annual budget as assigned by the Budget Manager. This includes completing adjustments and unfunded requests, as well as the base Budget Request, using DBM forms, the new BARS budgeting system and Excel spreadsheets.
- Reviews and approves funds certifications submitted by various divisions. Reviews and approves purchase orders created by buyers in FMIS (Financial Management Information System) after matching them to approved funds certifications.
- Forecasts expenditures and revenues to establish the Department’s financial position by examining and analyzing financial reports and discussing financial data and future requirements with Program Managers.
- Leads the Agency Budget Specialist in performance of required duties to facilitate maximum contributions by providing instruction, guidance and expertise.
- Participates in annual close-out process to assist Fiscal Services Management by preparing required documents and performing transaction research.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution.
1. Candidates may substitute graduate education in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, political science or public administration at a rate of 30 semester hours for one year of required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional experience as defined above on a year for year basis for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Budget Officer classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Budgeting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-1386 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.