COMPUTER OPERATOR II
Information Technology Division
|Department||COMP Annapolis Data Center Operations|
|Date Opened||11/19/2021 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,039.00 - $58,359.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jodi Reilly|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Operate printers.
- Setup printers for special forms and checks.
- Follow special print instructions.
- Verify and reconcile control numbered and negotiable documents (checks).
- Maintain printers.
- Move stock to/from appropriate storage area.
- Control output using the print room console.
- Keep area clean and orderly prior to turnover.
- Perform general computer operations tasks.
- Provide Help Desk coverage
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience operating multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems.
- Candidates may substitute additional experience operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing or maintaining information on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute fifteen credit hours in computer operation at an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Computer System Operations classifications or Computer System Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting, or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or .
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-260-6622 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.