UI Tax Accountant Professional V-REPOST
|Department||LABOR - Unemployment Insurance|
|Date Opened||11/24/2021 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/8/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $92,897.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kim Allen-Hubbard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Reviews and authorizes financial transaction records for submission to fiscal control agencies.
- Reviews and approves reconciliations of entire accounts by determining the materiality of exceptions, selecting the proper accounting treatment, gauging the effect of adjustments on the entire system and maintaining documentation for audit trails.
- Participates in the audit process of agency fiscal operations by providing auditors with explanations of accounting procedures, providing documentation of fiscal transactions and formulating and implementing corrective action plans precipitated by audit exceptions.
- Reviews and takes action on work items generated through the BEACON system (new unemployment insurance system) and ensures subordinates are taking action on work items in accordance with unemployment insurance laws.
- Handles, reviews, and processes ACH , e-checks, and credit card payments.
- Reviews and completes adjustments from unit requests sent by employers concerning unemployment insurance contributions, and assists in approving unit work and processing TP and Fast Track submissions in accordance with unemployment insurance laws.
- Researches unemployment insurance employer accounts as requested by other Division units and as delegated by upper management.
- Approves and processes special refund requests and wage corrections in accordance with unemployment insurance laws.
- Supervise the Accounts Receivable Unit which provides the accounting function for approximately 150,000 unemployment insurance employer accounts.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, or a bachelor’s degree with 30 credit hours in accounting and/or related courses.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment, Applications must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Four(4) years of supervisory experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via email email@example.com or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: 21-001164-0002 UI Tax Accountant Professional V
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.