HCD COMMUNITY PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR I [C19035]
|Department||DHCD - Div of Neighborhood Revitalization|
|Date Opened||3/31/2021 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/3/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.44-$31.72/hour (Grade 17/Base - Step 9, with promotional growth to $39.12)|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Schrader|
This is a contractual position with limited State of Maryland benefits
Work that matters.The Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) is a national leader in community development and affordable housing. Our team needs a Project Manager that will challenge the status quo, effectively communicate ideas and issues, independently implement practical and efficient solutions, believe change is good and want to come to work knowing that what they do makes a difference.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706.
The Department of Housing and Community Development Headquarters is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of administrative or professional experience to include one year of financing experience or providing technical assistance for development or rehabilitation of multifamily or single family housing; neighborhood revitalization and business development; community infrastructure development; or historic preservation programs.
1. Additional administrative or professional experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional job-related education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience at a rate of thirty credit hours for each year of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in business and industry classification or business and industry specialty codes in the housing management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of direct experience administering federal grant programs for a nonprofit or government agency
- Knowledge of and experience with issues relating to addressing poverty, homelessness, or serving low-income individuals and families
- Working knowledge of and experience with nonprofit organizations, foundations, or government program administration highly desirable Experience in analyzing data elements and outcomes that can be used to increase the capacity of a program or agency
- Experience with creating or reviewing budgeting and financial statements
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Mr. Christopher Schrader
Department of Housing and Community Development
Office of Human Resources
7800 Harkins Road, Lanham, MD 20706
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via email to Christopher.Schrader@maryland.gov. Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Mr. Christopher Schrader, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Recruitment #
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in these positions and cannot apply online please fill out the paper application. For questions concerning these positions, please call 301-429-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|