|Department||MDP Local Planning Assistance|
|Date Opened||4/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,279.00 - $87,106.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gabriella Huth|
The Maryland Department of Planning (MDP) is seeking talented, energetic, and motivated professionals to join its Local Assistance and Training Division and expand its Regional Planning Program in the Central Maryland region.
LOCATION OF POSITION
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of an additional Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the specified educational fields for one additional year of the required experience.*
*Two years is the maximum number of years that may be substituted by education for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in local government and/or providing planning and related technical assistance to government and non-government organizations. Ideally, this experience should include a variety of issues, including long range and current planning, zoning and subdivision review, and community engagement.
- Experience making public presentations and representing a department or organization on committees and other representative bodies.
- Experience managing and executing complex planning and community development projects that involve multiple stakeholders, sometimes competing interests, and the development of new communication channels.
- Proficiency with office productivity software, GIS, site design and visualization tools such as Sketch Up, Photoshop or similar.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.