OFFICE SECRETARY II
|Department||DPSCS-North Branch Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||3/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,914.00 - $48,264.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
North Branch Correctional Institution
14100 McMullen Hwy. SW, Cumberland, MD 21502
- Provides secretarial support to one or more officials, administrators or administrative staff;
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, reports and other documents using a keyboard of a personal computer;
- Relieves the supervisor of operational details by assembling, compiling and summarizing data into a concise form and preparing reports;
- Drafts correspondence;
- Receives telephone calls and visitors and arranges for appointments and interviews;
- Provides information to callers in regard to laws, rules, regulations, operations and procedures governing the agency's operations;
- Obtains material from a variety of sources to be used for articles, reports and speeches;
- Maintains important and confidential records, schedules, expense accounts and office supplies;
- Reads reports and summarizes information to facilitate the supervisor's review;
- Types manuscripts, correspondence, statements, tables and forms from corrected copy, rough draft or oral instruction;
- Opens, sorts, reads and distributes incoming correspondence;
- Proofreads outgoing correspondence and reviews records for completeness and accuracy;
- Prepares and maintains statistical and numerical reports and records;
- Develops special forms and summaries using a variety of records in order to secure complete and accurate information;
- May compose and sign outgoing correspondence;
- May develop, revise and implement office procedures;
- May use word processing, data base, spreadsheet or desktop publishing computer software applications in order to prepare reports, charts, graphs or other documents;
- May enter, update, verify and retrieve data using computer data base or spreadsheet software applications;
- May take dictation using shorthand;
- May supervise lower-level clerical employees;
- Performs other related duties.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate. Experience: Two years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties. Notes:
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience performing clerical or technical duties in an office environment
2. Experience with Microsoft Word
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please fax the requested information to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-3275, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
HR Analyst: Jordan McNeil
Email: Jordan.Mcneil@maryland.gov Phone: 410-339-3275
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.