OFFICE SECRETARY II
|Department||MSDE - Juvenile Services Education Program|
|Date Opened||4/5/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/19/2021 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,914.00 - $48,264.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Develop and maintain files on student transfers, referrals, promotions, removals, records, and graduations. Maintain of student records on current School Information System per JSES policies and procedures. These records include, but are not limited to, enrollment, attendance records, grades, transfer etc.
- Request in writing, by phone, email, and fax the educational records for newly assigned students to your school from the Local School Systems (LSS), Department of Juvenile Services (DJS), other agencies and/or pupil services personnel per JSES policies and procedures. Prepare and send records upon request from other agencies and Local School Systems.
- Develop and maintain student cumulative files per JSES policies and procedures. Update records on school database for monthly report accuracy. Collect, examine, verify, and maintain statistical data used in reports. Prepare and disseminate daily student information to departments/staff/administration as needed and perform other related duties as assigned by the principal.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Data management experience
- Multi-line Phone Experience
- Alpha & Numeric Filing experience
- Customer Service experience
- Record keeping experience