COORDINATOR SPECIAL PROGRAMS HEALTH SERVICES IV, Addiction
Coordinator of Crisis Services
|Department||MDH Behavioral Health Admin - Community Services|
|Date Opened||10/7/2021 1:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989.00 - $58,122.00/year, with potential growth to $71,606.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing, social work, psychology, education, counseling or a related field.
Experience: Five years of professional experience in health services, two years must have been in the Addiction option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a health or human service field for one year of the required general experience.
2. Experience in the Addiction option must be as follows: professional work related to treatment and services for persons with alcohol or other substance abuse addiction.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in another field plus one additional year of professional experience in health services for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Care Administration classifications or Civil Affairs Specialist specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have:
- experience analyzing program data and writing reports;
- experience verifying contracts and budgets;
- experience tracking program expenditures and performance measures;
- knowledge of and/or experience with Crisis Services program;
- proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and Google Sheets;
- customer service experience;
- organizational, written, and oral communication skills; and,
- the resources, ability, and willingness to be a fully engaged team member within a hybrid telework model.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.